Julie teaches both the official Brain Gym Training Track as well as specialist programs such as Brain Gym in the Classroom. Her experience from working as a Brain Gym consultant working in two Primary Schools has assisted her to understand today’s classroom environment.
Julie has inserviced teachers in Brain Gym in the Classroom for twenty years. Brain Gym in the Classroom is an introductory 6-hour course focusing mainly on the Brain Gym movement program.
Brain Gym in the Classroom introduces you to the Brain Gym movement program and their application in a classroom and how they can be used for learning readiness, be it reading, writing, maths, concentration, focus, thinking, sport.
Learn why movement is the door to learning.
Results noticed by teachers using Brain Gym on a regular basis.
- Improved concentration.
- Better “attacking” skills.
- Handwriting shows marked improvement following Brain Gym.
- Writing shows more fluency, evenness and pencil grip relaxed.
- Independence; children do own Brain Gym as required.
- Children more settled and focused.
- Improved standard of work.
- PACE after every break helps to settle children down and prepare them for work.
- Oral reading exercises for the reluctant/slower reader also helps with their fluency.
- Hook Ups is an easy way to begin to teach relaxation techniques.
- Children stay on task longer.
- Improved work ethic.
- Children can see the value of the exercises for themselves.
- Children who become over stressed/focussed can be directed to Brain Gym to regain their “peace” so they can deal with the problem in a more positive way.
- Improves teacher productivity.
- Children and teacher are more relaxed and focused.
Some comments from Teachers who have attended Brain Gym in the Classroom with Julie Gunstone: